Skagit MRC's Salish Sea Stewards volunteer training program offers approximately 40 hours of training to citizens who are interested in learning about the marine environment and the different volunteer opportunities to help make a difference in your community.
Learn from many local experts on a variety of topics impacting the Salish Sea. Classes are mostly lecture-style, but will include some hands-on field training. The program helps match volunteers with projects of the MRC and our partners and will continue to keep volunteers engaged and informed of special events and other opportunities.
The 2019 training was completed on May 21. Stay tuned for more information about the 2020 training program.
The 2019 Salish Sea Stewards Planning Report is now available. See below for the full report.
If you would like to find out about upcoming volunteer opportunities, special events, lectures, etc., subscribe to the Salish Sea Stewards electronic news bulletin, The Wave, by clicking here.
Check out the Salish Sea Stewards Facebook page:
- 2019 Salish Sea Stewards Planning Report
- 2019 Salish Sea Stewards Speaker Schedule
- 2018 Salish Sea Stewards Training Curriculum
- 2017 Salish Sea Stewards Training Schedule
- 2016 Salish Sea Stewards Training Schedule
- 2015 Salish Sea Stewards Training Schedule
- 2014 Salish Sea Stewards and Beach Naturalists Program Summary
- 2014 Salish Sea Stewards Training Schedule
- 2014 Beach Naturalist Training Schedule