Project Year (2014 - Present)
Skagit MRC's Salish Sea Stewards volunteer training program offers approximately 40 hours of training to citizens who are interested in learning about the marine environment and the different volunteer opportunities to help make a difference in your community.
Learn from many local experts on a variety of topics impacting the Salish Sea. Classes are mostly lecture-style, but also include some hands-on field training. The program helps match volunteers with projects of the MRC and our partners and will continue to keep volunteers engaged and informed of special events and other opportunities.
SALISH SEA STEWARDS VOLUNTEER TRAINING 2021
Classes Are Now Underway!
February 23 - June 1, 2021
Tuesdays 1:00pm - 3:30pm
(Two Optional Field Sessions, 1:00pm - 5:00pm)
The 2021 Training Syllabus is available here.
Classes are held Tuesdays from 1:00pm - 3:30pm, February 23 - June 1, 2021 and will mostly be virtual classes via Zoom, with two optional field sessions for small groups.
Click Here for the 2021 program flyer.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to find out about upcoming volunteer opportunities, special events, lectures, etc., subscribe to the Salish Sea Stewards electronic news bulletin, The Wave, by clicking here. To view past issues Click Here.
Check out the Salish Sea Stewards Facebook page:
- 2021 Salish Sea Stewards Zoom Syllabus
- 2020 Zoom Syllabus
- 2020 Salish Sea Stewards Training Schedule
- 2019 Salish Sea Stewards Planning Report
- 2019 Salish Sea Stewards Speaker Schedule
- 2018 Salish Sea Stewards Training Curriculum
- 2017 Salish Sea Stewards Training Schedule
- 2016 Salish Sea Stewards Training Schedule
- 2015 Salish Sea Stewards Training Schedule
- 2014 Salish Sea Stewards and Beach Naturalists Program Summary
- 2014 Salish Sea Stewards Training Schedule
- 2014 Beach Naturalist Training Schedule