Project Years (2014 - Present)
The Salish Sea Stewards is a volunteer program of the Skagit County Marine Resources Commission in partnership with Padilla Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve. Our program offers approximately 40 hours of training to residents who are interested in learning about the marine environment and the different volunteer opportunities with local organizations to help make a difference in your community.
Learn from many local experts on a variety of topics impacting the Salish Sea. Classes are mostly lecture-style, but also include some hands-on field training.
The program helps match volunteers with projects of the MRC and our partners and will continue to keep volunteers engaged and informed of special events and other opportunities.
February 7 - April 25, 2023
Tuesdays 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Deadline to register January 31, 2023. Register here
The 2023 Salish Sea Stewards Training Program is now FULL!
To get put on the Waiting List or for more information, contact email@example.com.
The 2023 Class Schedule is available here
If you would like to find out about upcoming volunteer opportunities, special events, lectures, etc., subscribe to the Salish Sea Stewards electronic news bulletin, The Wave, by clicking here. To view past issues Click Here.
Check out the Salish Sea Stewards Facebook page:
- 2021 Salish Sea Stewards Report
- 2021 Salish Sea Stewards Zoom Syllabus
- 2020 Zoom Syllabus
- 2020 Salish Sea Stewards Training Schedule
- 2019 Salish Sea Stewards Planning Report
- 2019 Salish Sea Stewards Speaker Schedule
- 2018 Salish Sea Stewards Training Curriculum
- 2017 Salish Sea Stewards Training Schedule
- 2016 Salish Sea Stewards Training Schedule
- 2015 Salish Sea Stewards Training Schedule
- 2014 Salish Sea Stewards and Beach Naturalists Program Summary
- 2014 Salish Sea Stewards Training Schedule
- 2014 Beach Naturalist Training Schedule